Reese's Pieces

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tool #10 Digital Citizen

There are several things I want my students to learn about digital citizenship this year! Most importantly is safety…making sure that they don’t give out personal information online or be tricked into clicking on pop ups. I want them to be respectful of the equipment and be sure they are using it as a leaning tool. Finally, I want my students to become familiar with “safe” sights for kids to use both at home and at school. Our Librarian has already done a wonderful job introducing the kids to good digital citizenship. Even though she has already shown them the Brainpop Jr. on Internet Safety, I think it would be a great refresher for my students we start using these new devises in our classroom. I think it would be helpful to come up with a classroom agreement specifically about ways our class can be good digital citizens. It would even be a good idea to share these agreements with the parents so that they can also sign off on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment